Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coconut Macaroons w/out coconut, M&M's, Jessie, Parentals

So, I discovered an amazingly wonderful recipe for coconut macaroons the other day and I decided to make them for Jessie's little going away BBQ this past week, they were certainly a hit. And if you weren't there, that's a shame. They are super easy to bake, and they only have 6 ingredients, unfortunately they are "TOP SECRET" ingredients:) And coconut is not one of them! I love finding new recipes that work and are a hit.
This past Thursday I was cutting my sweet mother in-laws hair and she told me that the price of chocolate is going up, and that she and my father in-law went to stock up. So I got home and told Randy that, and we did the same...in the form of Peanut and Peanut Butter M&M's. To me there is nothing more delicious than the sweet taste of peanut butter M&M's first thing in the morning. I actually do like to eat them then because I can work off the sugar all day long. Oh the beauties of sugar and crap that are terrible for us.
My little sister Jessie is leaving for school today, and I think that mom and dad are gonna be glad to have her gone because she has literally eaten them out of house and home. Oh but I will miss how she asks if I have anything to eat at my house, and when she sees something that she wants, her eyes pop out of her head and I know that she wants to eat everything in sight. I am glad that we got to spend some time together before she goes back up to school.
I love my parents, I could not have been blessed with better parents. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you hurt my parents, it's over. I literally have no respect for people who treat my parents like crap. They have been nothing but wonderful to everyone their whole lives. They have taught their children to work and work hard, taught us to take care of our own, taught us to provide and I'm so grateful. They worked so hard for us, and still do. How blessed Randy and I are to have such great examples in our lives. The best thing I can do is try my best to do all that my mother and father taught me and be the best that I can be. Sorry to get that way, there are just few things that I am that passionate about, and am willing to speak up about.

1 comment:

  1. We saw your dad at church on Sunday. Eva was so shy towards him...silly girl.

    ReplyDelete